Welcome to Kathy’s blog. Find more articles here.
Ten Things Editors Wish Writers Knew
- Anyone can benefit from having a good editor.
- The book is not for you. It’s for the reader.
- Let Narcissus be a warning. Don’t fall in love with your own words.
- Lean and clear writing is better than fluffy and obscure.
- Your editor wants you to have the best book possible.
- Sometimes there is no market for even a good idea.
- Use jargon and trendy phrases sparingly. If in doubt, don’t.
- Logical flow helps the reader follow your storyline.
- Readers will remember your stories but not your points.
- Writing is a skill. With practice you can do it. Reread #1.